Our goals and commitment to you
Collection and use of personal information
We collect personal information such as name, address, contact information, date of birth, social insurance number and financial information. We use social insurance numbers for identification purposes only. We collect these numbers at the option of the customer, they are not required to complete a credit application. We use the information we collect to:
- confirm identification;
- assess credit worthiness;
- provide leasing and/or financing services to you; and
- promote the services and products of CanLease and its partners and affiliates.
Disclosure of personal information
We do not sell information about our customers to others. Your personal information is a vital part of our ongoing business relationship with you. We will only disclose personal information:
- On a confidential basis, to our suppliers, funders and service providers, to complete the transactions initiated by you;
- If the personal information forms part of an asset or a business that we sell or assign;
- To protect and enforce the rights and property of CanLease;
- To credit rating organizations;
- For fraud prevention or the reduction of the risk of fraud;
- To our affiliates for the purpose of providing you with information relating to products and services that may assist you in achieving your financial goals;
- If the disclosure is required or permitted by law; or
- If you request or consent to the disclosure.
From time to time, we may outsource information processing or other services to businesses in other countries, only for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. As a result, your personal information may be available to the United States Government or its agencies under a lawful order.
Cookies and IP addresses
Some of the cookies on our website are set up by third parties that provide certain services on our website. These third-party service providers do not collect information that can personally identify users, but they may collect statistics and data to measure the performance of the services they provide on our website.
Safeguards and security
CanLease is a member of GeoTrust. GeoTrust is an independent organization whose mission is to deliver the highest levels of trust and security to our users by providing authentication of this website and by securing the information that is collected on this website.
GeoTrust enables you to communicate with us via 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which protects the information you submit to us through our website.
CanLease also provides appropriate physical, technological and organizational measures to safeguard personal information and to protect it from unauthorized access, deletion or alteration. This includes limiting employee access of personal information to those employees who have a business reason to know this personal information.
CanLease often reviews its policies and procedures and may make changes from time to time. This is the most current version of the policy and procedures. Prior versions are available by contacting the CanLease Privacy Officer.
Questions and concerns
by email at: email@example.com
by fax at: 1-506-847-1182
or by mail at:
126C Hampton Road, Suite 310
Rothesay, New Brunswick E2E 2N6
Attention: Privacy Officer.
CanLease will promptly respond to your inquiry